17 Nov How to Easily Write an E-book and Start Generating Sales
Did you ever realize how much knowledge is in your head that other people need, want and are willing to pay you for?What most business owners don’t understand is that in less than a week you can author an e-book without difficulty. It doesn’t matter if your expertise is accounting, yoga, jewelry making or real estate. There are thousands of people who want to learn what you know and are willing to pay for that knowledge. And the Internet provides you with an easy way to reach them. Not only will an e-book provide you with a way to sell your knowledge, there are other advantages to writing one as well.
An e-book will identify you as an author and expert. This gives you a good bit of leverage with prospects who are considering doing business with you. It gives you an edge over your competitors and sets you apart. It’s a way to vastly increase your status as the “go-to” person.
Most people hesitate to write an e-book because they think it will take months like a print book. But e-books don’t need to be nearly as long or complex. You can record your content by just speaking into a microphone, uploading the file and having it transcribed. I use a transcription service that charges only $25 for each hour of audio, which is about 24 or 25 pages.
Creating a cover for your e-book is also easy. There is easy-to-use e-book creator software that works well with Adobe Illustrator and has pre-loaded templates to which you just add some additional graphics and text, or you can outsource the cover for very little money to someone who does this kind of work.
And best of all, for some reason e-books generally sell for more than print books. So your profit margin is exceptional since you have no per-sale costs.
E-books can be used to generate income in a variety of ways. Here are just a few:
- sell it on your website
- attach a dollar value to it, then give it away for free if people opt-in to your mailing list. These are hot leads interested in what you have to say.
- you can list in on e-book sites where thousands of people search by topic
- you can sell it on E-bay
- you can offer to sell it through Clickbank where other marketers will choose to sell it as your affiliate. Clickbank is a place where over 10,000 products are available for business owners who want to sell additional products that they didn’t actually create. They become your affiliate sale team and Clickbank handles paying your affiliate and you. They take care of everything and make it easy to be a “seller”.
- you can add your book to someone’s Amazon store where similar products are sold in your niche
- you can find other joint venture partners with a similar target market who would be willing to sell your e-book for a percentage of sales
- you can give away your e-book and ask others to give it away, while embedding lots of links back to your web sales pages into your e-book so readers click through.
Those are just a few ways to make e-books generate cash for your business. With the economy struggling, it’s time to think outside the box and try new marketing methods and strategies to generate sales. E-books are easy and give you a great return on investment.
You have no product costs because an e-book is downloadable. There are no printing or mailing costs. If you are a local business, with an e-book you can share your knowledge and sell to a worldwide audience.
The possibilities are huge.