26 Apr 10 Business Building Tips from 5 Successful Entrepreneurs
It’s no secret that in order to grow your business, you have to take thoughtful, consistent action. Business success doesn’t happen overnight and there are many, many roads to get there. Here are 10 business building tips from four of my super successful colleagues (including two from me). You can get a lot more in a brand new free ebook we’ve put together for you called From Zero to Six Figures – FAST!
- Create a Strategy and Process for everything you do in your business. Random actions get random results. Whether you’re doing some marketing, offering a teleclass, or doing a live presentation, networking, or launching a new product you need to map out a strategy that will take you step by step to the result you want. Once you’ve nailed down your process or strategy you can use it again and again to get similar results. Taking a “shot in the dark” approach where you try an approach hoping it will work without thinking it through from beginning to end result is like playing darts while wearing a blindfold. Creating process maps as a visual really helps with this process. Janis Pettit, Small Business Strategy and Lifestyle Coach.
- Be willing to invest in your education. However, as you learn new information, apply it. It never ceases to amaze me how many people will either not invest anything in their knowledge base or buy so much, without applying anything. Education application is a discipline. Kathleen Gage, The Street Smarts Marketer™
- Own Your Marketing DNA. So many people try to copy others when alDna_500l they have to do is be true to themselves. Besides, you can’t be anyone else no matter how hard you try. Develop your own style, your own unique brand. If you like to write, then do blogging and article marketing, if you have a great voice but are afraid of the camera, then audio can be your thing, or if you can’t wait for your close-up, then step in front of the camera and let your personality shine. The key is great content, delivered consistently and in your own voice. Go for it! Ellen Britt, Co-Founder of Marketing Qi.
- Daily action is required. A great many resistant entrepreneurs fail to take daily action to build their online presence even though they have seen great results when they do focus on building an online presence. I’m not referring to having a website, blog or eBay store. I’m talking about marketing so that people know your sites or online store exists. Kathleen Gage
- Do your keyword research! Go to Google’s Keyword Tool and type in your primary keyword phrase. Make sure people are searching for what you’re trying to advertise. Marnie Pehrson, Creator of IdeaMarketers.com.
- Use a blog as your primary social marketing hub and home base, so you can attract more search engine traffic with consistent, keyword rich content. Your business blog is where you create your point of distinction in the marketplace and demonstrate your expertise to build credibility and trust. Then, to boost your visibility on the Web, syndicate your blog content to strategic social networking sites so you can attract new prospects and bring them back to your home base with opportunities for conversion. Denise Wakeman, Founder of The Blog Squad and Online Marketing Advisor
- Always have a Call to Action. Never do advertising or marketing that doesn’t include a call to action. Whether you’re placing an ad or sending people to a webpage, always explain clearly what you want them to do to engage with you further. If you’re using direct mail, phone calls, speaking or networking to grow your business, always provide a clear action step you want people to take. Go back over all of your marketing materials, including things like your business card and e-mail signature and see how you can add a call-to-action. You’ll be amazed at how much better your results will be! Janis Pettit
- Become An Online Real Estate Investor. No, not that kind! I’m talking about the unused “real estate” on your website. One of the most valuable pieces of online property you already possess is your Thank You page. Instead of letting it go to waste with a generic “thank you for signing up for my newsletter” message, give your subscribers a great offer on one of your products or services simply for being a new subscriber. They will appreciate it and you can quickly separate your buyers from the tire kickers! Ellen Britt
- When using articles as a marketing tool, put your main keyword phrase in your article title, the article summary and the first 140 characters of the article. Marnie Pehrson
- Use video to drive traffic and boost your online visibility. It’s a powerful tool for increasing trust and credibility because it creates a deeper connection with the viewer. They spend more time on your site and ultimately have a deeper level of engagement with you. Denise Wakeman.
Want to learn more?
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Get your copy of From Zero to Six Figures – FAST! and go deeper with these successful expert entrepreneurs. You’ll get 12 articles with information ranging from business development to marketing to mindset. It’s totally free, no email required.
Download the ebook here.
And if you really want to take your business to the next level, join me and my Radiant Success colleagues live, in person at the Radiant Success Event in Raleigh, NC May 21-23 (early bird registration ends on May 6th!) I hope to meet you there.